WM9090: Ultra low power audio subsystem
The WM9090 is a high performance low power audio subsystem with integrated headphone driver and Class D speaker driver. The speaker driver supports 750mW output power at 3.7V, 1%THD.
The unique dual mode charge pump architecture provides ground referenced headphone outputs, removing the requirement for external coupling capacitors. Class G technology is integrated to increase the efficiency and extend playback time by optimizing the headphone driver supply voltages according to the volume control.
The flexible input configuration allows single ended or differential stereo inputs. Mixers allow highly flexible routing to the outputs.
Separate mixer and volume controls are provided for each headphone and speaker driver. Automatic Gain Control limits the speaker output signal in order to prevent clipping. DC offset correction to less than 1mV guarantees a pop/click-free headphone start up.
WM9090 is controlled using a two-wire I²C interface. An integrated oscillator generates all internal clocks, removing the need to provide any external clock.
WM9090 is available in a 2.53mm x 2.07mm 20-bump CSP package.
- Mono Class D speaker driver
- 2W at 5V SPKVDD @ 1% THD+N into 4Ω
- 950mW at 4.2V SPKVDD @ 1% THD+N into 8Ω
- 90dB SNR
- Ground referenced stereo headphone driver
- 35mW into 16Ω load @ 1% THD+N
- 95dB SNR
- 80dB THD+N
- Differential and single ended analogue input configurations
- Integrated oscillator for clocking requirements
- I²C 2-wire software control interface
- Automatic gain control (AGC) for speaker output
- SilentSwitch™ Pop and click suppression
- < 1mV DC offset
- <50ms start up time
- Excellent RF and TDMA noise immunity
- Ultra low power consumption
- 4mW quiescent for headphone driver
- 5mW quiescent for speaker driver
- Shutdown current < 1uA
- Supply voltage
- SPKVDD = 2.7V to 5.5V
- AVDD = 1.8V
- 1.8V to 2.7V control interface compatibility
- 20-bump CSP package
Ordering & Samples
- Speaker Selection for Class D Output Drivers
- Impedance Compensation (Zobel Network) for Ground Referenced Outputs
- External Component Requirements for Ground Referenced Outputs
- Guidelines on How to Use W-CSP Packages and Create Associated PCB Footprints
- Class G Ultra Low Power Headphone Driver for Audio Sub-systems
- Wolfson Control Write Sequencer, Rev 1.0
- Decoupling and Layout Methodology for Wolfson DACs, ADCs and CODECs, Rev 1.1