WM9082: 3W Mono Class D Speaker Driver with PDM Input
The WM9082 is a high-performance sigma-delta Class D speaker driver. Audio input is supported using a stereo PDM interface; clock and control-code detection circuitry supports all of the audio and control functions via a 2-wire interface.
The digital audio interface provides excellent noise immunity, eliminating traditional input-filtering components. The flexible 2-wire interface minimises the PCB footprint and simplifies software development.
The combined audio and control interface configuration is ideal for enabling the WM9082 to be located close to the speaker; this reduces the length of the output connections, giving good EMC performance and removing the need for output filter components.
The sigma-delta architecture provides good power efficiency and improved EMI performance with respect to traditional PWM Class D designs.
A first-order high-pass filter can be selected on the input signal to remove DC offsets and help to prevent speaker damage. Other features include a low-power mute state, and output slew-rate control.
Short-circuit and thermal protection is provided.
The WM9082 is supplied in a 9-ball 1.56 x 1.46mm CSP package, with 0.5mm ball pitch.
- Sigma-Delta Class-D speaker driver
- 92dB SNR - 'A' weighted
- 2.5W into 4Ω (5V supply, 1% THD)
- 1.3W into 4Ω (3.6V supply, 1% THD)
- 1.25W into 8Ω (5V supply, 1% THD)
- 650mW into 8Ω (3.6V supply, 1% THD)
- Stereo PDM digital audio input
- Supports 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz sample rates (128fs input)
- Automatic Left/Right channel selection
- First-order high pass filter (HPF)
- RF noise suppression
- Pop and click suppression
- Programmable output slew rates for low EMI
- Short-circuit and thermal protection
- 9-ball CSP package