WM8711BL: Stereo DAC with headphone driver
The WM8711BL is an ultra-small, low power stereo DAC with an integrated headphone driver. It is designed specifically for portable audio systems requiring hi-fi stereo playback through headphones.
Stereo 24-bit multi-bit sigma delta DACs are used with oversampling digital interpolation filters. Digital audio input word lengths from 16-32 bits and sampling rates from 8kHz to 96kHz are supported.
Stereo audio outputs are buffered for driving headphones from a programmable volume control, line level outputs are also provided along with anti-thump mute and power up/down circuitry.
The device is controlled via a 2 or 3 wire serial interface. The interface provides access to all features including volume controls, mutes, de-emphasis and extensive power management facilities. The device is available in an ultra-small 24-lead QFN (4x4x0.9 mm Body) package.
A USB clocking mode is provided where all audio rates can be derived from a single 12MHz or 24MHz MCLK, saving on the need for a PLL or multiple crystals.
- Audio Performance
- DAC SNR 97dB (‘A’ weighted) at AVDD = 3.3V
- DAC SNR 90dB (‘A’ weighted) at AVDD = 1.8V
- Low Power Headphone Playback
- Down to 6mW at 1.8V
- 1.42 – 3.6V Digital Supply Operation
- 1.8 – 3.6 V Analogue Supply Operation
- DAC Sampling Frequency: 8KHz – 96KHz
- 2 or 3-Wire MPU Serial Control Interface
- Programmable Audio Data Interface Modes
- I2S, Left, Right Justified or DSP
- 16/20/24/32 bit Word Lengths
- Master or Slave Clocking Mode
- Stereo Audio Outputs
- Output Volume and Mute Controls
- Highly Efficient Headphone Driver
- 24-lead QFN (4x4x0.9 mm) package